Equity: A Collegewide Priority
At De Anza College, we welcome students of all ages and backgrounds and connect with them, in their range of unique circumstances, to help them fulfill their dreams. We value and embrace the intellectual contributions of a diverse spectrum of people and cultures.
Equity and Engagement Division
- The Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education helps to promote equity, social justice and academic success for all members of the De Anza community. It sponsors programs on campus and is also home to the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center.
- The Equity and Engagement Division includes the Office of Equity and other programs, including several Learning Communities, the Student Success Center and the Vasconcellos Institute for Democracy in Action (VIDA).
Equity Action Council
- The Equity Action Council is a shared governance body with college-wide representation. It helps facilitate efforts to carry out De Anza’s vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education – and in particular, the efforts of the Equity Office.
Student Equity Plan
Ethnic and Intercultural Studies
- Our ethnic studies programs have a special importance at De Anza: All students must take at least one course as a requirement for graduation with an AA or AS degree.
- This requirement stems from a recognition that every individual can benefit from the understanding to be gained from the courses in these areas: