How to Take Classes at Other Schools

... While You Are Enrolled at De Anza

This webpage provides important information for F-1 Visa students who are enrolled at De Anza College and want to take classes at another college or university.

  • Taking Classes at Foothill College

    If you wish to take a class at Foothill College while you are attending De Anza, you must submit a Concurrent Enrollment Request Form, which you will find in the Adobe Sign Student Forms section of MyPortal. Here are the steps to follow

    • Apply for admission to Foothill College by using the online CCCapply form
        • When you submit the application, you will see a confirmation page with a CCCApply Confirmation Number.
        • Save this confirmation page because you will need the number later.
    • Log in to MyPortal and open the Apps section, then click on the tile for Adobe Sign Student Forms
    • Look under Student Web Forms and choose the form based on the first letter of your last name (family name), then click on the blue Start Workflow button.

      Concurrent Enrollment form
    • This will open the De Anza F-1 Concurrent Enrollment Authorization Form. Complete all the required fields and remember to click the blue Click to Sign button.

    Click to Sign

    • After you complete the form, it can take a few days for all parties have approved and signed the form. Once you receive an email confirmation that this has occurred, you can register for classes at Foothill. 
  • Taking Classes Elsewhere

    If you want to take classes at another college or university besides Foothill College, you must first consult your assigned ISP counselor.

    • You can email your counselor to begin this process.
    • Visit the ISP Counselors webpage for their contact information.
Back to Top