Welcome to Student Services!
We provide high-impact services that support student equity and success by empowering students to achieve their educational goals and realize their potential.
Our programs include
- Counseling and Advising – including Career Services and the Transfer Center
- Disability Support Programs and Services
- Enrollment Services – including Admissions and Records, Assessment, Cashier, Evaluations, International Student Programs, Outreach and Relations With Schools (including the De Anza College Promise, Food Pantry and Men of Color Community) and Veteran Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Student Development and EOPS – including College Life, Health Services, Occupational Training Institute (including CalWORKS and CompTechS) and Student Judicial Affairs
STUDENT SERVICES PLANNING AND BUDGET TEAM
Meet Rob Mieso, Vice President of Student Services
Rob Mieso has been at De Anza College for more than 25 years, beginning as an adviser in the Occupational Training Institute. He has held a series of progressively responsible positions, including coordinator and director of the Office of Outreach and Relations with Schools, whose staff and counselors help bring students from historically underrepresented populations to De Anza. Mieso also served as interim director of Financial Aid and Scholarships in 2012 and 2013.
As associate vice president for Student Services, he was responsible for Admissions and Records, Assessment, International Student Programs, the Occupational Training Institute and CalWorks, Outreach and Relations with Schools, Middle College and College Now, the Student Success and Support Program, and Veteran Services. During his time as associate vice president, Mieso oversaw the development of De Anza's newest Learning Community, the Men of Color Community. He also led the establishment of the De Anza Food Pantry and implementation of the De Anza College Promise.
Mieso is deeply committed to student equity, inclusion and social justice. He has a doctorate in Community College Leadership and a master's degree in Organizational Management and Development, both from Fielding Graduate University. He earned a bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science from National University and a diploma in Agricultural Engineering from Addis Ababa University.