Welcome to the
Occupational Training Institute
Dear CalWORKs, NOVA, Work2Future and CompTechs Students,
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 spring quarter, we will be available via email and voicemail. Please leave a detailed message with your name, student ID, case number (if applicable), contact information, and the details with which concern you need assistance. Also, you may be able to contact your worker at your referring agency.
Our staff contact information is as follows:
- Sofia Abad 408-864-8361 (De Anza College), 650-949-7465 ( Foothill College), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlita Alamban: 408-864-8457, email@example.com
- Joe Lipsig: 408-864-5712, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Kaku: 408-864-8456, email@example.com
- Ingrid Duque 408-864-5704. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sabrina Stewart, Supervisor 408-864-8360, email@example.com
We will keep you updated regarding change as the situation evolves.
The Occupational Training Institute (OTI) is the home of
- TAA (Trade Act Educational Agreement)
We are a department of the Foothill-De Anza district that serves both De Anza and Foothill College.
View a two minute introductory video about OTI
- CalWORKs is a state-funded, welfare-to-work program designed to help individuals on TANF.
- Workforce Training program, providing support if you've been laid off and are economically disadvantaged - referrals from local Workforce Boards (WIOA) including NOVA and Work2Future are welcome.
- CompTechS provides hands-on IT internships for students seeking careers in Information Technology.
- Internships are available through both CalWORKs Work Study and CompTechS
Are you eligible?
- You may qualify for services if you meet any of the following criteria
- Unemployed due to a company layoff or closure
- Receiving cash-aid (TANF)/CalWORKs,
- Receiving food stamps
- Seeking employment for a better job.
Job search workshops including:
- Resume and applications
- Interview techniques
- Professional dress and appearance
- Identifying and managing challenges
- Job retention
- Referrals to child care providers
- Assistance with financial aid
- Tutorial services
- Other services provided as needed.
OTI provides employment training at no cost for eligible individuals. Please call 408. 864.8869 or explore this website for more information
Our professional staff will help you meet your employment goals or connect you with an agency that can.
- OTI prepares socio-economically disadvantaged students with career training and employment services including counseling and advisement, job preparation and placement while concurrently providing employers with qualified employees.
Who We Serve
- OTI provides services to thousands of clients seeking job skills and job placement services. Many clients focus on certificate programs at either the Foothill or the De Anza campuses.
Our program coordinators design customized training programs tailored for the local job market to link job seekers with employers.
OTI provides accessible staff with job placement expertise and a thorough knowledge of clients' skills.
As part of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District, OTI works closely with all workforce education programs and is committed to responding to employer needs.