our counselors logo

We’re Here to Help You Achieve Your Educational Goals!

Grad Cap Decorating Event

A world of possibilities awaitsWant to have fun and get creative? Sign up for one of these sessions and bring your grad cap to the Second Floor of the RSS Building! Art supplies will be provided, but space is limited – so be sure to sign up in advance.

  • Monday, June 12: 9 a.m. to Noon
  • Tuesday, June 13: 9 a.m. to Noon
  • Wednesday, June 14: Noon to 3 p.m.
  • Thursday, June 15: Noon to 3 p.m.

Sign Up to Attend

(By signing up, you are consenting to appear in photos or videos that may be published or posted online by De Anza College.)

Sponsored by EOPS, General Counseling and Advising, International Student Programs, the Transfer Center and the De Anza College Bookstore.

Future Students

If you're thinking about attending De Anza, our Office of Outreach can provide information and answers to your questions.

Visit the Outreach Office

young woman standing and smiling, young man seated

New Students

and Promise Students

If you're in your first or second quarter at De Anza, or if you're in the De Anza College Promise, you should contact the Office of Outreach for academic counseling and other assistance.

Contact the Outreach counselors

Programs and 

Learning Communities

Some other programs and learning communities have designated counselors for their students. You can find a directory of all De Anza counseling offices on the Our Counselors webpage

Continuing Students

or Returning Students

If you've completed two or more quarters, and you're not in a program with its own counselors, the General Counseling and Advising Center can assist you with planning and achieving your academic, career, transfer and personal goals. 

Meet With a Counselor or Academic Adviser

Note for Returning Students  

  • You must reapply for admission if you didn't take classes last quarter. (It's ok if you skipped summer session.)
  • Don't forget to declare a major (not "undecided") and select a goal of transfer, degree or certificate  to qualify for priority enrollment.

For office hours and general contact information, please visit our Office Hours and Location webpage. To speak with a counselor or academic adviser, please visit our Meet With a Counselor webpage.

Filing for Your Certificate or Degree

You can file for your degree or certificate at any time during the quarter in which you are graduating, but you must apply no later than the last day of the quarter in order for your degree or certificate to be conferred for that quarter.

Back to Top