Planning Your Future?
We Can Help!
The Career Services office offers workshops and resources to assist students in choosing a major, finding a job or planning a career. Scroll down or click each button for these topics:
Check out Roadtrip Nation to explore careers related to your interests and watch videos of professionals sharing their career journeys!
- Visit roadtripnation.com
- When you create your account, enter DAC19 for the school code
Find more career exploration tools and resources:
Job and Internship Postings
De Anza College has partnered with Handshake as a job and internship platform for students and employers.
- You can log in to Handshake through MyPortal (look for the icon in the Student Apps section) or through the De Anza Handshake website to view available jobs and internships.
- When you log in for the first time, you will need to set up your account and profile. If you are given the option, click on "Set up Single Sign On," then enter whichever email you use for De Anza (it does not have to be a De Anza student email account). Once your account is confirmed, you can log in to Handshake using your MyPortal student ID and password.
- Please register on Handshake's employer site to post your jobs and internships for students.
Protect Yourself From Online Scams!
Be on the alert for job scams or other financial opportunities that seem too good to be true.
- Legitimate employers will not ask you to pay money to be considered for a job.
- Never provide your personal or financial information in response to a request that you didn't expect.
Remember: Scammers often pretend to be from an organization you know.
- Resist the pressure to act immediately. If you have questions, stop and talk to someone you trust before you do anything.
- Never pay someone who insists you pay by gift card or money transfer service. Never deposit a check and send money back to someone.
- Do not click on any links if an email looks suspicious.
These counseling courses in particular can help you assess your strengths and interests, while providing tools for pursuing your goals.
- CLP 7: Self-Assessment (4 units)
- CLP 5: College Major and Career Options (2 units)
Learn more about these classes and when they are offered by visiting the Counseling Courses webpage.
Check the Upcoming Workshops page to find what's being offered this quarter.