We're Available In Person and On Zoom
Make an Appointment
You can schedule a time to speak with a counselor or veterans resource specialist – in person or on Zoom.
- Click the button to use the scheduling system
- To meet with a counselor, select Lan Truong
Drop In on Zoom
You can "drop in" on Zoom to speak with a veterans resource specialist for quick questions about veterans' benefits, priority registration, college services for veterans, and other topics. No appointment is needed for these Zoom sessions.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- There will be no drop-in session on Thursday, May 11
Facing a Financial Emergency?We may be able to help. De Anza can provide limited cash grants for students who are military veterans and who are facing a hardship that may interfere with their studies. You can apply online.
You can also contact us by email for assistance.
- All students using GI Bill® benefits, please contact Bertha Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For counseling appointments, please use our online scheduler to arrange a phone or video conference
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response
- Scroll down for easy steps to enroll with VA benefits
The Veteran Services Office at De Anza College is committed to serving all veterans, service members, and their families by proving a variety of services including educational benefits and resources. We are honored to serve you and help you achieve your goals in higher education.
The De Anza Veteran Services Office is dedicated to providing student-veterans and their dependents with services that support the attainment of their academic and career goals.
Tuition Assistance for Active Service Members
Steps to Enroll with VA Benefits
Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for state grants or other aid – learn more by visiting the De Anza Financial Aid – Steps to Apply webpage
Apply for Admission to De Anza
- Submit an application to De Anza College by visiting the Apply and Register webpage and clicking on "Apply Now"
- If the CCCapply application or your Myportal login do not work as described, please fill out the A&R Help Form.
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Complete the online application at VA Educational Benefits
- Order transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
- Request your Joint Services Transcript transcript
- Request your Community College of the Air Force transcript (if applicable)
Complete the Assessment Process
- Check your placement.
- If you completed English/ESL, Math, Chemistry or Biology courses at another college or received qualifying scores on high school AP exams, see How to Request Prerequisite Clearance.
- Complete the new student orientation – learn how by visiting the Orientation webpage
Meet with a Counselor
- Use our online scheduler to arrange a telephone or video conference with one of our Veteran Resource Counselors
Meet with a School Certifying Official
- Meet with a School Certifying Official and bring the following documents:
- Certificate of eligibility; Ebenefits status of application.
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty ( DD- 214 Member 4) ; or current orders.
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) Reservists Only.
- Official Transcripts (unopened)
School Certifying Official in the Veteran Services office:
- Bertha Sanchez
- You must authorize certification each quarter you wish to receive benefits by completing the request for Enrollment Certification Form.
New Mural: "Stronger Together"
A new mural outside the Veteran Services office on campus was created by De Anza students and faculty – with financial support from the Rotary Club of Cupertino and the Foothill-De Anza Foundation – to honor the hundreds of veterans, active-duty personnel, reservists and military dependents who attend De Anza.
- Read more about the project
- NEW View photos from the mural unveiling
- See how it was created in this video:
We are proud to support our veteran scholars as they pursue academic goals that will frame the next chapters in their lives. Veterans are also represented among the classified professionals, faculty members and administrators who support our students, including those in this video.
At De Anza, we honor all military veterans and their service to our country. Thank you for your service.
Student Veteran Heads to Stanford
De Anza student Ray Ostil had some big changes coming up in 2022: He retired from the U.S. Army after 20 years – and was accepted as a transfer student to Stanford University. He and his son shared the excitement in this fun video.
Look for De Anza Veterans on Facebook!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill