We're Available In Person and On Zoom
Make an Appointment
You can schedule a time to speak with a counselor in person or on Zoom.
- Click the button to use the scheduling system
- To meet with a counselor, select Lan Truong
Drop In on Zoom
You can "drop in" on Zoom – no appointment needed – to speak with a veterans resource specialist for quick questions about veterans' benefits, priority registration, college services for veterans, and other topics.
- Tuesdays: 2 to 4 p.m.
Finals week: regular hours above
Week of Dec. 18: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in person; online only services after 1 p.m. (1-5 p.m.)
Closed for Winter break: Friday, Dec. 22 - Monday, Jan. 1
Resume regular hours above starting Tuesday, Jan. 2
- All continuing, returning and new students using Veteran Educational Benefits, please contact Bertha Sanchez at email@example.com
- To request priority registration, please contact Bertha Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For counseling appointments, please use our online scheduler to arrange a phone or video conference
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response
- Scroll down for easy steps to enroll with VA benefits
The Veteran Services Office at De Anza College is committed to serving all veterans, service members, and their families by proving a variety of services including educational benefits and resources. We are honored to serve you and help you achieve your goals in higher education.
The De Anza Veteran Services Office is dedicated to providing student-veterans and their dependents with services that support the attainment of their academic and career goals.
Steps to Enroll with VA Benefits
Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Admission to De Anza
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Complete the online application at VA Educational Benefits
Complete the Assessment Process
- Complete the new student orientation – learn how by visiting the Orientation webpage
Meet with a Counselor
Meet with a School Certifying Official
- Meet with a School Certifying Official and bring the following documents:
- Certificate of eligibility; Ebenefits status of application.
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty ( DD- 214 Member 4) ; or current orders.
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) Reservists Only.
- Official Transcripts (unopened)
School Certifying Official in the Veteran Services office:
- Bertha Sanchez
- You must authorize certification each quarter you wish to receive benefits by completing the request for Certification Form Click Here
Congratulations to Our Graduates!
We're proud of our veteran students and military family members who graduated or transferred in the De Anza College Class of 2023. Please visit our Veterans Graduation website for a special message from De Anza President Lloyd A. Holmes and the VRC staff, plus photos and messages from many of our graduating veterans.
New Mural: "Stronger Together"
A new mural outside the Veteran Services office on campus was created by De Anza students and faculty – with financial support from the Rotary Club of Cupertino and the Foothill-De Anza Foundation – to honor the hundreds of veterans, active-duty personnel, reservists and military dependents who attend De Anza.
Look for De Anza Veterans on Facebook!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill