Student Forms

All military-connected students must initiate a request for enrollment certification.  A military-connected student is defined as any student who is currently serving or previously served in the armed forces, or any student who will be using Dependent Educational Benefits Chapter 35 (dependent/spouse).

New Students 

Veteran Affairs Enrollment Certification

For the following chapters:

  • Montgomery GI Bill®- Active Duty - Chapter 30
  • Veteran Readiness & Employment VR&E - Chapter 31
  • Post 9/11 GI Bill® - Chapter 33 
  • Survivor & Dependent Educational Assistance - Chapter 35
  • Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 1606

Students who are planning to use Veteran Educational Benefits must submit the Request for Enrollment Certification form each quarter.  Do not submit this form until you have: 1) a veterans education plan, 2) have already registered for classes,  3) have already met with the Veterans Counselor, and  4) contacted a De Anza Veteran Certifying Official for the certification intake process, including submitting the mandatory documents such as a DD-214, or a Department of Veteran Affairs Certificate of Eligibility Letter.

Request for Certification Form

Please review this video for instructions on how to complete the "Request for Enrollment Certification"

Important: To receive 100% housing allowance for Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) and Veteran Readiness Employment VR&E (Chapter 31), students must:

  • Enroll in approved courses that are at least 12 weeks in duration
  • Register in a minimum of 12 units per quarter
  • Register for at least one in person class or hybrid course held on campus.
Back to Top