Counselor, Learning Communities
- M.A., Counseling and Guidance – San José State University
- B.A., Social Welfare – University of California, Berkeley
- A.A.-Transfer, Communication Studies – West Valley College
- A.A.-Transfer, Sociology – West Valley College
Our counselor can assist you with
- Choosing classes to reach your academic goal, such as earning a degree or certificate or transferring to a university
- Creating an educational plan
- Finding resources on campus, such as tutoring or other academic assistance
- Exploring career options
- And more!
The Learning Communities counselor provides comprehensive academic, career and personal counseling for students in the First Year Experience, IMPACT AAPI, LEAD, LinC, Puente and Umoja programs, as well as students who participate in the Pride Center and students who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ+.
Some of these Learning Communities have additional counselors who also support students in those programs. You can find their contact information on these webpages:
How to See Your Counselor
You can contact the Learning Communities counselor by sending an email to email@example.com or click the yellow button to schedule an appointment.
Counseling OptionsStudents can also visit the general Counseling and Advising Center or a counselor within their division or program.