Make an Appointment!
You can schedule a phone or Zoom video meeting with one of our counselors by using our online scheduling system. Click one of the yellow boxes to get started.
The Puente Project counselors provide comprehensive services to support eligible students in their educational, career and personal development.
Our counselors can assist you with
- Choosing classes to reach your academic goal, such as earning a degree or certificate or transferring to a university
- Creating an educational plan
- Finding resources on campus, such as tutoring or other academic assistance
- Exploring career options
- And more!
Specialized services include
- Dedicated counselor until graduation or transfer
- Access to tutoring and mentoring services
- Scholarship research and personal statement support
- Transfer application workshops
- University and industry visits
- Culturally relevant student services
The Puente Project serves students who are
- Eligible for LART 250 and EWRT 1A
- Planning to transfer to a four-year university
- Willing to participate in a mentoring program for the first year
- Willing to attend cultural and educational Puente-sponsored events
- Committed to complete the Puente courses for the entire year
Students who aren't in the Puente program can visit the general Counseling and Advising Center or a counselor within their division or program.