In all SSC areas:
- Support is provided for your currently registered De Anza course(s) only.
- The goal of tutoring is to encourage independent learning and improve effective learning skills for academic success. Show up prepared by bring your course materials, lecture notes, having some questions ready, and most importantly be ready to actively participate to ensure successful learning sessions. Tutors will help you learn concepts and will not do your homework, so be prepared to focus on concepts rather than mere techniques. This requires active student participation when tutors are asking questions and guiding their peers. Tutors are trained and knowledgeable peers, and are not expected to have every solution.
- SSC staff may limit or extend services at their discretion.
- SSC tutoring has various formats: Weekly Individual, Drop-in, Group, In-Class and Adjunct. Tutoring formats, guidelines and limits vary by SSC area--below are links to each center.
- With so many weekly individual tutoring applications and scheduling challenges, we do not grant requests for a particular tutor. Our amazing tutors are well trained & ready to help you!
- Checked out items must not leave the centers. If you have a special need, please discuss options with an SSC team member. If you remove an item from the centers a hold will be placed on your account--this will affect your ability to check out library materials, receive your grades, register for classes and receive other De Anza services.
- Students in the SSC are expected to follow the Student Code of Conduct (Administrative Procedure 5510). Staff may ask you to leave if you are violating the Code, being disrespectful or disruptive.
- Sign in and out using your CWID each time you visit a SSC tutoring center.
- Silence your phones. If you need to talk, do so outside the center.
- No food in our centers. Drinks with lids are allowed.
- Do not leave personal items unattended in the centers. The SSC is not responsible for missing items.