Help for Employees
While most programs offered by the Mental Health and Wellness Center are intended primarily to serve students, employees can find support through the Foothill-De Anza district's Employee Assistance Program (EAP), offered through Optum Health. Learn more about EAP below.
New Service: TimelyCare
TimelyCare provides free online mental health support and other resources for De Anza students. It also offers the following resources for all college employees:
- 24/7 support for ways to assist students: Employees who are concerned about a student’s well-being can call 833-4-TIMELY any time, 24/7, to speak with a professional about ways to help. (This is an additional resource, but is not meant to replace the Early Alert or Maxient reporting systems.)
To learn about TimelyCare benefits for students, visit deanza.edu/resources/timely
How To Use the EAP
(EAP is not available for TEA student employees. Students should visit the Mental Health and Wellness Center homepage for information about services available to them.)
To use the EAP, employees should
- Visit the Optum Health website at liveandworkwell.com
- Log in with access code: 61570
- Find the "Benefits & Services" tab at the top of the webpage and click to open the drop-down menu
- Select "Employee Assistance Program"
You can also call for confidential support
- Contact an EAP representative by calling 866.248.4105
- Representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
For technical problems with the EAP site, call 866.894.5795, Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-5 p.m., Pacific Time.
What is EAP?
Who can use EAP?
What information do they share with the employer?
How many sessions are provided?
What are the sessions like?
What isn't covered?
EAP should not be used for emergency or urgent-care needs. In case of emergency, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.