Are You Ready for Graduation?
NEW DATE AND LOCATION THIS YEAR
Saturday, July 1, 2023: Santa Clara Convention Center
De Anza has a new date and location for graduation this year! The 56th annual commencement will be Saturday, July 1, beginning at 4 p.m., in the Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California.
- Grads: Please plan to arrive early so you have enough time to park and join other grads from your Village in the staging area – Hall A. You'll be marching into the main hall with your Village.
- FREE parking is available in the garage behind the Convention Center.
- After the ceremony, you're welcome to take photos in the Red Carpet area with Roary the Mountain Lion and other fun props.
- Visit the Tips for Grads webpage for more information about the big day.
Check back here for announcements about this year's student grad speaker and major scholarship recipients. And see below for details and updates on how you can participate in all the festiviities, including important deadlines and how to
- Order your cap, gown and other regalia – order online by Monday, June 12, or shop in person at the Bookstore on campus
- Apply for your degree – no later than Wednesday, June 21, to have your name included in the printed graduation program
- Submit your message and photo for the special Graduation Slideshow – by Monday, June 26
- Send digital Congrats Cards to your favorite grad, or the entire Class of 2023
- Join the celebration on the big day!
Grads: Order Regalia and Apply for Degree – Now!
Order Your Cap and Gown Now!
Order your Grad Pack (includes gown, cap, tassel and diploma cover) and affinity stoles at deanzastore.com. Place your order online by June 12 to ensure you receive your items in time.
Or you can buy your grad gear at the campus Bookstore in the RSS Building.
Apply for Your Degree
You must apply for your degree no later than Wednesday, June 21, to have your name included in the printed graduation program.
If you'd like some assistance with using Degree Works or determining your eligibility to graduate, a counselor or academic adviser can help.
(If you need help paying for your cap and gown, please send an email with your full name and CWID number to Chelsey Taniguchi at email@example.com)
Join the Celebration!
Remember to check the list of End-of-Year Celebrations for more grad-related events, including Latinx Grad, Lavender Grad and other activities hosted by affinity groups and programs.
Grads participating in the collegewide commencement should also review the Tips for Graduating Students webpage, which explains what to do before the big day, and how to make sure your name will be announced from the stage!
Submit Photo and Message for the Slideshow
Members of the Class of 2023 are invited to share a brief message of thanks, appreciation or inspiration – and, if you wish, a photo of yourself for our special Graduation Slideshow.
Submit any photo of yourself that you like – it can be formal or fun. But don't delay! In order to be included in the slideshow, you must submit your message and photo no later than Monday, June 26.
Click the "Submit to Slideshow" button for easy instructions.
Send and Receive Digital Congrats Cards
Friends, family and members of the college community can send congrats and best wishes to their favorite grad – or to the entire Class of 2023.
You can submit a photo of yourself or the grad you're congratulating, and we'll combine it with your message to create a colorful digital card. (If you don't have a photo to submit, we'll use one of our special grad images.)
Click the "Send and View Congrats Cards" button to submit your congrats – any time up through July 1. Congrats cards can be viewed on a special section of this website, where everyone can enjoy them.
- The graduation ceremony will be livestreamed with captions on De Anza's YouTube channel.
- If you need disability accommodations, please contact
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for deaf or hard of hearing accommodations
- email@example.com – for other disability accommodations
- For general questions not related to disability accommodations, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Members and Classified Professionals:
- If you'd like to participate in the 2023 graduation procession, please use the RSVP form on the Information for Faculty and Classified Professionals webpage.
Please NoteThere will be photographers and videographers recording activities before, during and after the graduation ceremony. If you prefer not to have your image recorded or used by De Anza College in informational and promotional materials, please notify the photographer or videographer.