Who We Are
The Retention Program in the General Counseling Division works with the De Anza College community to proactively support students who are facing challenges and to provide students with resources to assist them in achieving their educational goals.
The Retention Program is a student-centered, collegewide student success program. Our purpose is to gauge student needs, provide high touch, high frequency, and high quality services, and strengthen familial relationships with students, resulting in increased student engagement, retention, persistence and timely completion.
The Retention Program includes these services designed to offer students comprehensive support:
- Academic and progress probation – assisting students in returning to good academic standing
- De Anza CONNECT – connecting students to campus resources and services
- Low GPA support – academic counseling for students with low quarterly grade point averages
- Returning students support – assistance for students who are on academic or progress probation and returning to college after taking a quarter or more away from De Anza
- Exceeding units support – guidance for students who are on academic or progress probation and have taken an unusually high number of units