Why Study Business?
The Business Department at De Anza College is one of the nation's leading two-year business programs, with courses, degrees and certificates that provide you with the competitive edge to excel in your career, transfer to a four-year university, or manage your own business.
We offer a wide range of business courses in management, marketing, human resource management, international business, business law, entrepreneurship and more. Our instructors are enthusiastic about sharing their in-depth knowledge and industry experience, while teaching practical skills in these fields.
Make a valuable investment in your future. Enroll in a De Anza business course now!
New Business Instructor: John FrancisInstructor John Francis previously taught at College of the Canyons in Southern California. He has an MBA from Drexel University and a wealth of experience in the consumer products and entertainment industries, including Warner Brothers. He'll be teaching two classes this winter:
- BUS 10.08.Y: Introduction to Business (hybrid)
- BUS 56.65Z: Human Relations in the Workplace (online asynchronous)
New Certificate: MIS SupportWe're excited to announce that De Anza College now offers a Certificate of Achievement in Management Information Systems Support. Check out all of our Business degree and certificate programs!
Meet Our Business Faculty
- Education: MBA, Management Information Systems, Drexel University; BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Drexel University
- Focus: Retail Sales & Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Category Management, Business Development, Marketing Communication, Sales Forecasting
- Industry experience: Entertainment Industry - Warner Bros. Entertainment, Physical and Digital Home Entertainment, Physical and Digital Video Games, Mobile Video Games; Toys - Applause, Inc.; Small Business Consulting; College of the Canyons - Valencia, CA
- Contact: FrancisJohn@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Harvard University; Masters in Education CSU East Bay; BS Business Administration, Boston University
- Focus: Management, Marketing, Product Development, Information Technology, Operations Management.
- Industry experience: GTE, Aspect Telecommunications, Data General, American Cyanamid, Johnson & Johnson, startups. Former Treasurer of the Board of the Humane Society Silicon Valley.
- Contact: 408.864.8615 or FritzMichele@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Wharton Business School; ME, Computer Science, Cornell University; BS Computer Science, Applied Math; PhD Psychology
- Focus: Marketing, M&A, Venture Development, Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning, Technology in Business.
- Industry experience: Booz Allen & Hamilton, Gemini Consulting, McKenna Consulting, MCI, AT&T Bell Labs, IBM, DirecTV, startups.
- Contact: 408.864.8688 or GarbeEmily@deanza.edu
- Education: PhD, Swinburne Univ. of Technology; Master of Business Studies, Massey Univ.; BBM, Bharathiar Univ.; NCAET, Te Wananga O Aotearoa,
- Focus: Entrepreneurship, Human Relations, Marketing, Management, International Business, Human Resource Management
- Industry experience: PR & customer care (healthcare), Business Owner (FMCG distributorship), Consulting (FoundersClick, Abacus), Research (Experiential Learning, Business Proc Reengineering, Entrepreneurship).
- Contact: 408.864.8606 or KariaManisha@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, UC Berkeley; MA, Economics, UC Berkeley, BS, UC Berkeley
- Focus: Business Law, Business and Society, Finance, Accounting
- Industry experience: Tandem Computers, Ungermann-Bass, Stratacom, Guidant, Sybase, Electronics for Imaging, Neuron Data, KPMG, LSI Logic
- Contact: 408.864.8431 or LillyByron@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Wharton School of Business; BA, UC Berkeley
- Focus: Business Law, Personal Finance, Accounting, Strategic & Financial Planning
- Industry experience: Consulting (LitiNomics, KPMG), Finance and Strategy (AT&T), Entrepreneur (NDI).
- Contact: 408.864.5563 or SalahDan@deanza.edu
- Office: F51h
- Education: MBA, CSU Hayward; BA, Economics ,UC Berkeley
- Focus: Finance
- Industry experience: Entrepreneur.
- Contact: 408.864.8932 or SpencerSandra@deanza.edu
- Office: F51q
- Education: EdD candidate, Ferris State University; MBA, University of Phoenix Detroit Campus; MSW, University of Michigan Ann Arbor Campus; BA, Michigan State University
- Focus: Human Resources
- Industry Experience: Kellogg Company, State of Michigan, University of Michigan, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Kellogg Community College
- Contact: AndrewsKim@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Minnesota; BA, Summa Cum Laude, Universty of Minnesota
- Focus: Business Law
- Experience: 30+ years based in both Hong Kong and Silicon Valley (expertise in cross-border transactions), currently a Partner of Gibson Dunn with a heavy concentration of work for technology and life sciences companies in the U.S. and in Asia.
- Contact: BarbeauJoseph@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Boise State University; BS, UC Santa Barbara
- Focus: Marketing, Personal Finance, International Business, Sales, Corporate Financial Planning, Accounting, Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Industry experience: McKinsey, KPMG Peat Marwick, Robert Half, CardioThoracic Systems (IPO), TogetherSoft, Olympic Athlete
- Contact: BennettBrian@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, M.I.T. Sloan School of Management; MS in Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; BS in Bioengineering, Johns Hopkins University; California Teacher’s Credential, Notre Dame de Namur University
- Focus: Global corporate and competitive strategy, artificial intelligence, entrepreneurship, small business success, product development, operations, finance, information technology, talent management, business consulting, science advisory, human-centered design, mergers & acquisitions, Generative Transformation
- Industry Experience: The Silicon Valley Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science, Hitachi Consulting, Electronic Data Systems, Gemini Consulting, Cisco, Yahoo!, Apple, General Motors, DuPont, Texaco, USX, Boeing, Quaker Oats, General Electric, thebusyplanet.com
- Contact: ChenRowland@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA/BA Santa Clara University; MA, English, Notre Dame de Namur Univeristy
- Focus: Accounting and General Business
- Industry Experience: High Technology, Investment Banking and Public Accounting
- Contact: GoughMichael@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, Golden Gate University; BS, Industrial Relations, SJSU; AA Accounting, Foothill
- Focus: Civil Litigation
- Industry experience: Arbitrator of California Superior Court, California State Bar
- Contact: GoularteRonald@deanza.edu
- Education: Ph.D., Human and Organizational Systems, Fielding Graduate University; MA, Organizational Development, Fielding Graduate University; MPA, SJSU; MSW, SJSU; BA, English, SJSU.
- Focus: Nonprofit governance; nonprofit leadership and management; nonprofit strategic alliances and mergers; organizational development.
- Industry experience: President, Hiland Consulting; President & CEO, Momentum for Mental Health; Podcast host: Inspired Nonprofit Leadership; National Advisory Council, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO); Founder & Board Treasurer, NAWBO-Silicon Valley Education Group; Senior Fellow, American Leadership Forum
- Contact: HilandMary@deanza.edu
Guillermo (Willie) Hernandez
- Education: MBA, Nova Southeastern University; MSEE, San Diego State; BSEE, University of Puerto Rico
- Focus: Product Management, Product Line Management, E-commerce
- Industry experience: Software Engineer in R&D, Senior Product Line Manager; NetApp, BigBand Networks, CloudShield Technologies, Juniper Networks, IP Infusion, Quick Eagle Networks, Entrepreneur
- Contact: HernandezGuillermo@deanza.edu
- Education: JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law (now UCLaw SF); BA Economics (French minor) University of California at Berkeley
- Focus: Commercial Transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions, Manufacturing
- Industry experience: VLP Law Group, LLP; Digital Realty Trust, LLP; Flex (formerly Flextronics) Ltd.; Sanmina Corporation; Holland & Knight; Kilpatrick Stockton
- Contact: JackmanSteve@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Boise State University; BS, Business Administration San Jose State University
- Focus: Marketing, Advertising, Sales
- Industry experience: Hewlett-Packard Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Contact: MorganDionne@deanza.ed
- Education: MBA, Arizona State; MSEE, Purdue University, BS Chem Eng SUNY
- Focus: Sale, Marketing
- Industry experience: Amazon, Equinix, Intel, National Semiconductor
- Contact: ShanWenlei@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, York University; BA, University of Toronto
- Focus: Business strategy, Marketing, Business Development, Product Line Manager
- Industry experience: Martello Tower Consulting, Fat Spaniel Technologies, Orbital Data, Speedera Network, Ukiah Software, U-B Networks, 3Com.
- Contact: SmithGordon@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Long Island University, LL.B.(Hons.), Accra, Ghana
- Focus: Business Planning, Entrepreneurship, Financial Statements Analysis, Business Processes
- Industry experience: The Boardroom Planning Group, Kaiser Permanente, Litton Industries Credit Corp., General Electric Credit Corp.
- Contact: TakyiOduro@deanza.edu
- Education: MBA, Middlebury Institute of International Studies; MS, Middlebury Institute of International Studies
- Focus: International Business Management, Business Law, Marketing, Human Relations, Quality Management, Entrepreneurship
- Industry experience: Logos Corporation, VeriSign, United Nations, HostPortal, startups.
- Contact: YurtsevenLale@deanza.edu