Strategic Planning Initiative Teams
The following invitation was sent to leaders across the campus to participate in a summer session in preparation for Opening Day workshops on the Educational Master Plan initiatives and implementation of the EMP. These efforts are outlined in a presentation given to the Foothill-De Anza Board of Trustees on June 12, 2023.
Team membership may evolve depending on availability and other refinements.
Given the leadership you have demonstrated on campus, we’d like to invite you to be part of a strategic planning initiative team that will develop a vision for implementation and guide the college in carrying out the strategic planning initiatives identified in De Anza’s Educational Master Plan for 2022-2027.
As co-chairs of the collegewide effort that produced the EMP, we have been charged by the College Planning Committee to coordinate implementation. Under this charge, as outlined at this week's Board of Trustees meeting, five initiative teams will be formed this spring and will remain in place to ensure that De Anza can meet the EMP’s strategic planning metrics by fall 2027.
Here are the focus areas and the proposed teams, based on where we thought you and your colleagues might want to participate:
- Outreach – including adult education, noncredit programs, nontraditional students and dual enrollment: Erick Aragon, Stacey Carrasco, Christine Chai, Martha Espinosa Prados, Nazy Galoyan (team leader), Patty Guitron, Lisa Mandy, Eric Mendoza, Katrina Tran
- Student-Centered Instruction and Services – including Guided Pathways, wraparound services, equity: James Capurso, Claudia Guzman, Manisha Karia (co-leader), Michele LeBleu-Burns (co-leader), Gabriela Nocito, Kim Palmore, Leah Riley, Kristin Skager, Fatemeh Yarahmadi
- Retention – including basic needs, mental health, connections between major and career: Laureen Balducci, Sushini Chand, Pam Grey, Mehrdad Khosravi (co-leader), Rob Mieso, Anita Muthyala-Kandula, Jamie Pelusi, Susan Thomas, Casie Wheat (co-leader)
- Civic Capacity for Community and Social Change – including community-based learning initiatives, opportunities to develop leadership capacity: Sam Bliss, Angélica Esquivel, Cynthia Kaufman (team leader), Debbie Lee, Brian Malone, Thomas Ray, Bob Stockwell
- Equity Plan Re-Imagined – advancing the equity framework in alignment with the EMP, developing department or area equity plans, using program review to developing plans for addressing equity gaps: Maritza Arreola, Sal Breiter (co-leader), Adriana Garcia, Michelle Hernandez, Adrienne Hypolite (co-leader), Jim Nguyen, Shaila Ramos-Garcia
We are inviting team members to attend a one-day workshop on Wednesday, July 26, from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. in Campus Center Conference Rooms A&B.*
During this workshop, the teams will prepare for college Opening Day work sessions on Sept. 21, where they will engage session participants in creating initiative action plans and developing concrete ideas for implementation and integration with the Equity Plan and Guided Pathways work. The teams will then see the plans through to full implementation by fall 2027.
This is an exciting opportunity to help guide De Anza’s future and help the college reach its goals for equity and student success. We will be asking division and program administrators to support team members’ participation in this effort.