Regulations for All Vendors and Assignees
- Animals: No dogs or other pets allow ed except for service animals. (FHDA Board Policy BP 3441 - Animals on Campus)
- Banned from Selling:
- Activities: Vendors are prohibited from engaging in any activity that involves body puncturing, including but not limited to piercing of ears, noses, tongues, or any other body part, tattooing or any similar act that breaks the skin in any fashion.
- Items: Do not sell or attempt to sell, market, advertise, give away, or have in your possession: pets, illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia, medicines, nutritional supplements, alcohol, food, beverages, polystyrene foam disposable food service ware including cups and food containers, candy, stolen property, poppers, fireworks, firearms, weapons, switchblades, fixed blades of 2 1/2 inches or more, and/or any other illegal items.
- Protected Items: Do not sell or attempt to sell, market, advertise, give away, or have in your possession any tangible property (i.e. counterfeit or knockoff items) or intangible (intellectual or artistic) property (i.e. pirated items) which is the subject of a copyright, trademark or tradename, or other indicia of ownership, which you do not own or have license or other lawful right to sell; and do not engage in any activity forbidden by copyright/trademark/tradename protection laws, including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. section 101 et seq. De Anza College reserves the right to determine restricted and or offensive merchandise.
- Code of Conduct: Physical or verbal threats or abuse, obscene, libelous or slanderous conduct, disruptive behavior, willful disobedience, profanity, vulgarity, open and persistent defiance of authority, or the persistent abuse of College or District personnel will not be tolerated and may result in immediate and permanent expulsion from the Flea Market
- Entry Confirmation: At the entry gate, each vendor entering the selling area will show their QR code or confirmation message/receipt on their phone or in printed form.
- Garbage: “Pack It In, Pack It Out” Take your garbage, trash, recyclables, boxes, packaging, and unsold items with you at the end of your selling day. We do not provide any trash service for vendors. Any cleanup after booth has vacated will be charged back to vendor.
- Hours: Hours are strictly enforced to provide our customers with the best and safest experience;
no move out of booth or vehicles is permitted during event hours. Vehicles must be
parked in booth space or parked in lots after 7:30am and until 2:00pm.
- Move-In: 5:30 AM - 7:30 AM. No vehicle entrance or exit permitted between 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM.
- Required Event Hours: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Leaving early subject to a fine or lockout to future markets. Emergency option only: Vendors leaving prior to 2:00 PM must first inform management in the Vendor Service Center and get a walking escort for vehicle exit.
- Move-Out: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- Parking: Parking in your reserved vending space is permitted from 5:30 AM – 3:30 PM. You may have one additional vehicle for move-in and move-out; for move-in this is for active off-loading privileges only. Move any vehicles not using your reserved selling space for parking immediately after off-loading. Be courteous, do not park in another vendor’s area even if it is empty. There is a charge to park in De Anza garages and lots.
- Sellers: Flea market vendors are primary to this event. Vendors can include businesses and organizations that provide “non-sale” promotional marketing, advocacy groups like petitioning, and any persons interested in setting up a table or taking space inside the Flea Market.
- Seller’s Permit: Vendors are responsible for observing all California State Board of Equalization rules and regulations for selling goods and services. Most vendors need a Seller’s Permit if they sell new or handcrafted items or sell used personal items more than two times in a 12-month period. See Seller's Permit/Resale License Requirements for more information.
- Space Size: Vendors must stay within the designated selling area defined by painted white lines on three sides; the stall number is not included as selling space.
- Spaces cannot be shared or sublet.
- Space preference will be considered but not guaranteed – priority will be given to 6-month agreements and returning vendors.
- Weather: Vendors are responsible for safely securing canopies, tents, umbrellas, etc. and merchandise in the event of wind or natural disaster.
De Anza College reserves the right to deny anyone the opportunity to sell at the DASG Flea Market. Violation of any of these regulations may result in fines or forfeiture of any daily fees, removal of vendor and refusal to allow reentry, and/or denial of further access to the DASG Flea Market.
Regulations are subject to change without notice.
Regulations Revised 4/11/2022