Resources for English Teachers
This page provides links to a broad array of resources for you and your students. See what you can use for your classes.
Be sure to also check out the 2013 English Teacher's Handbook.
Techniques for Livelier and More Effective Teaching
- Keys to Great Teaching
- Thinking Outside the Tradition: Peer Response - Alternatives
- Guidelines for Using Pairs and Small Groups for Collaborative Learning
- Effectively Responding to Student Writing
- Techniques for Catalyzing Critical Thinking
- Great Ways to Incorporate Technology into your classes
Samples of Course Syllabi
Check out our EWRT sample syllabi page for more information about these courses.
- EWRT 200/LART 200
- EWRT 211/ LART 211
- EWRT 1A
- EWRT 1B
- EWRT 2
Generation 1.5 (Definition, Some Basic Rules, and Practice Exercises)
- Who Are Generation 1.5 Students?
- Verb identification definition and exercises
- Subject identification definition and exercises
- Present Tense Subject and Verb Agreement rules and exercises
- Past Tense Verbs rules and exercises
- Updated Generation 1.5 Grammar Packet (pdf)
Writing Resources for Students
(Copy these onto onto your website; most borrowed from Suzanne Helfman)
- De Anza Library
- Great books online -- for free:
- Easy Works Cited "machine":
- Boring but correct APA citation style guide: