How to Make an Appointment
After-Hours ServicesDe Anza's Psychological Services office is NOT a 24-hour program.
- If you need immediate help, please visit our crisis information webpage.
- For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1
Our office has moved to the second floor of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) building. You can now find us in Room 258
Important Update: Waitlist for New Clients
Because we are at full capacity for fall 2019, the Psychological Services office has created a waitlist for new clients.
To ensure every student has access to psychological services, we invite you to
- Join our wait list: Walk in, call or email us and provide your name, CWID, availability and a brief reason for seeking our services. We prefer if you walk in so we can get your intake paperwork started.
- Join our support groups, led by one of our therapists on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please see times and dates on our Special Events webpage.
- Consult our list of other mental health programs that may be able to see you sooner than we can.
You can do any or all of these options if you choose.
We will be scheduling triage appointments for about five students each week. These are one-time appointments that will allow us to check in with you and provide you with other resources until we can take you as a client.
Meet with a Psychological Services Counselor
Appointments are available and may be made Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday appointments are only available 10 a.m.-noon. From noon to 2 p.m., we will only be open for general questions.
You must be a registered student at De Anza College to receive services.
Please cancel an appointment you cannot attend at least 48 hours in advance.
Follow these steps to make an appointment.
- Call Psychological Services at 408.864.8868. You can also visit us in person to schedule your appointment or email DAPsychservice@fhda.edu to make an appointment.
- Say that you need personal or psychological counseling and provide your student ID number.
- Make an appointment. Please tell us your preferred day and time; we will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
- Be sure to fill out the pre-appointment forms linked below.
- Meet with your counselor: We're in Room 258 of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) Building. Our office is on the second floor, between the academic Counseling Center and International Student Programs office.
Please arrive 20-25 minutes early if you have not yet completed paperwork. After you check in, you may wait in the Psychological Services waiting area.
Please download and complete the following PDF documents before coming for your first appointment.
The CCAPS assessment is given to all students before their sessions begin, to gather information about the issues they would like to speak about in therapy. Please bring these forms and any questions you have to your first session.
Don't worry if you have any questions about the forms. You can bring them with you for your first appointment. Your counselor is more than willing to speak with you about your concerns.
After You Arrive
- Check in. Check in with the Psychological Services desk. Complete any paperwork that you have not completed in advance.
- Meet your therapist. Your therapist will come and find you in the waiting area. You will be invited to a therapy room, where you can speak in private with the therapist. The therapist will review your paperwork, gather some more information about you, and explain how therapy works.
- Therapy. You will be invited to tell why you made an appointment. The therapist will give you a chance to speak and may ask you questions. The therapist will make sure you are comfortable. You are welcome to ask any questions you have. Therapy sessions usually last 50 minutes.
Most clients seek short-term services with our therapists. Students are generally limited to ten sessions while enrolled at De Anza College, so that we may provide services to those in need.
No-shows and late cancellations are counted toward this limit.