The mission of the Student Development Division at De Anza College is to provide high quality and comprehensive support services and activities to meet the academic, social development and health needs of De Anza College students.
- Advocate and HEART
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
- DASB (student government)
- Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Guardian Scholars Program (foster youth services)
- Health Services
- InterClub Council
- Office of College Life
- Psychological Services
- Student Judicial Affairs
The division seeks to encourage students’ intellectual curiosity, personal growth and healthy life habits by promoting self-awareness, self-determination and self-reliance, and to assist them in successfully navigating the educational landscape.
Faculty and staff in the division strive to nurture a vibrant college life in which students are engaged not only in their course work but with other students, faculty, staff and the campus community at large, in an environment characterized by mutual understanding, respect and care.
- Student development and success is the top priority.
- Mutual respect is the basis for all healthy interaction.
- Cultural humility and appreciation for diversity is essential.
- Empowerment of student, staff and faculty benefits the campus community.
- Leadership opportunities are provided to foster growth and excellence in both professional and academic endeavors.
- Providing positive compassionate customer service is valued highly.