This course is an introduction to the discipline of Kinesiology through the sport of volleyball and includes a global and historical examination of the sport at an advanced level, rules, equipment, facilities, etiquette, safety, and fundamentals of advanced volleyball. Students will apply basic exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility, and strength concepts to improve their overall playing level. Students will learn the skills and techniques of advanced volleyball play along with an analysis of movement, team interaction, and volleyball theory.
|37735||PE 32L||02||MTWR···||06:00 AM-07:15 AM||Dawnis Guevara||PE21W|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2022-01-03 to 2022-03-25.
- 2 Units
- Three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter); six hours laboratory for the two units course (72 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
- Competitive volleyball experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels, and consent of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211, or ESL 272 and 273.