COVID-19 Vaccination Required
If you are planning to be on campus – for a class or any other purpose – you must be vaccinated against COVID-19. (See below for the deadlines to submit proof.)
You should submit proof of your final vaccination at least three days before you plan to register for any on-campus class this winter. You will not be able to register for on-campus classes until your vaccination record has been verified.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- You must wear a face mask at all times indoors. Masks are also recommended for outdoor gatherings.
- Learn how to check in with Optimum HQ before coming to campus.
- Practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions.
- Do not come to campus if you are feeling sick. (If you develop COVID-19, notify your instructor or email email@example.com.)
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizer, as provided, is also encouraged.
Most Classes Are Fully Online: No Vax RequirementMost classes are being offered fully online, and you don’t need to provide proof of vaccination to register for fully online classes. You can check the Class Schedule for complete listings. (Click the title of each course to read the footnotes for details on how the class will be taught.)
Note to Employees
The information on this page is primarily for students. There are separate procedures for employees. All employees coming to campus this fall should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.
Thanks to our students, De Anza has had overwhelming compliance with the vaccination requirement.
- More than 98% of students who registered for on-campus classes that began in September were able to continue with their classes after the Oct. 1 deadline for submitting proof of vaccination.
- Be kind and considerate of others.
- These precautions are to protect you AND those around you.
- Following these requirements is part of the Student Code of Conduct.
Here are the deadlines you must follow:
You should submit proof of your final vaccination at least three days before you plan to register for any on-campus class.
- You will not be able to register for any class that has any meetings on campus until the college has verified your vaccination record
- After you upload your record, verification can take up to three days before you will be cleared to register for on-campus classes.
- If you already submitted your vaccination records for fall, you don't need to submit again for winter.
- Vaccination proof is not required for online classes.
- If you register for a fall quarter class on campus that begins after Oct. 1, you must submit proof of final vaccination no later than the first class meeting, or you will be dropped from the class.
- All students who registered for on-campus classes that began in September were required to upload proof of final vaccination by Oct. 1.
Final vaccination means your second shot if it's the Pfizer or Moderna vaccination, or your first shot if it's Johnson & Johnson. You must follow additional requirements until two weeks have passed after your final vaccination.
Required Until Two Weeks After Final Vaccination
- Obtain a lab test for COVID-19 (home tests will not be accepted) within three days before each visit to campus
- Upload your negative test result to the PyraMED system. (Follow the same steps listed below for uploading proof of vaccination, but choose "COVID-19 Test Results – De Anza Students only" as the document type.)
- Wear a face mask at all times, indoors and outside, while on campus
- Practice social distancing at all times
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine at home for 10 days (except to receive medical treatment)
- If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19, you must quarantine at home for 10 days.
- If there is an outbreak of COVID-19 on campus, you may be asked to leave temporarily for your safety and that of others
You are responsible for any financial or academic burdens resulting from the above conditions.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement on the basis of verified medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Requests for exemption take at least three days to evaluate and process. You'll find instructions and forms for submitting a request on the Vaccination Exemption webpage.
Testing and Vaccination Locations
Find a Testing Site Near You
To find a free COVID-19 testing site near you, use these online tools:
If you cannot find a free site and cannot afford to pay for COVID-19 testing, you can contact the Health Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to assist you.
Find a Vaccination Site Near You
We've made it easy to upload a copy of your vaccination card by using the PyraMED online health system, which is a secure medical records system. Click each of the red bars below for detailed instructions.
Remember: You should upload your vaccination record at least three days before you plan to register for any on-campus class this winter. You will not be able to register for on-campus classes until your vaccination record has been verified.
Note: If you've already submitted proof of vaccination for fall quarter, you don't need to submit again for winter.
(EMPLOYEES: The information on this webpage is primarily for students. Employees have a separate procedure for uploading their proof of vaccination. Employees should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.)
Have your digital vaccination record ready
- You can take a photo of your vaccination card or get a digital copy from the state health site at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
- Save the digital photo or file to the computer or device that you will use to log in to the PyraMED health portal.
Log in to the PyraMED health portal
- Open the Apps section of MyPortal and click on the tile for PyraMED Health Services.
- If you don't see the PyraMED tile in MyPortal, you can access the PyraMED system on the web at deanza.studenthealthportal.com
- If you are prompted to sign in, use your eight-digit student ID number (also known as your Campuswide ID or CWID) and MyPortal password.
Complete the Consent Form
Before you upload your vaccination record, you need to complete the Informed Consent-De Anza College form if you haven’t already done so. This shows us that you understand that your medical records are confidential. (If you completed this form previously, you don't need to do it again.)
When the PyraMED homepage appears on your screen, click on My Forms to open the forms page (or click on “You have pending forms”)
Click to open the Informed Consent-De Anza College form
Fill out the form completely – including all fields – and click the Submit button at the bottom.
Now you're ready to submit your proof of vaccination.
Complete the Vaccine Submission Form
Once you've completed the Consent for Treatment form, you're ready to upload your vaccination record. (Keep the PyraMED screen open to do this.)
- Click the My Forms tab to return to the list of forms. (We are no longer using the Document Upload tab for vaccination proof.)
- Click to open the COVID-19 Vaccine Submission-De Anza College form
When the Vaccine Submission form opens, please enter the requested information, including
- Enter the dates you received each shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You don’t need to list any booster shots
- Use the fields for the type of vaccine you received – i.e., Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson (also known as Janssen)
- If you received a different vaccine outside the United States, use the field for “AstraZeneca” to list the dates for any WHO-approved vaccine that you received
- Enter the location where you received the vaccine
- Provide the clinic or store address if you know it, or as much information as you can
- Enter the lot number for each vaccination shot
- You’ll find these listed on your vaccine card
- Upload a photo or digital copy of your vaccine card
- Click Select File to select the file on your device
- Click the Submit button and then click the Confirm button
When the upload is complete, you will see a confirmation message on the My Forms page, and the Vaccine Submission form will no longer be listed.
Note: It may take up to three days for Student Health Services to verify your documents before you are cleared to register for on-campus classes.
Remember these important points
- Upload your vaccination record at least three days before you plan to register for any on-campus class this winter. You will not be able to register for on-campus classes until your vaccination record has been verified.
- For U.S. students, your vaccination record must show you received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
- International students attending on an F-1 visa may submit documentation in English that they have received the full course of a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
You can verify that your vaccination document has been accepted by logging in to the PyraMED system and following these steps.
Download Your Immunization History
Once you've logged in to the PyraMED system, click on the My Profile tab in the upper left, then select Immun. History and click to download your Immunization History record.
Review Your Immunization History
When you review your Immunization History:
- You should see your COVID-19 vaccination listed under Vaccination History. (It may take one or two days after you upload your record before it appears here.)
- If you have a religious or medical exemption, or if you are only partly vaccinated under the rules listed above, you should see a listing under Exemptions.
Optimum HQ is an easy-to-use reporting service that will help keep us all safer, by screening for COVID-19 symptoms or potential exposure. Here's how to use Optimum HQ.
(EMPLOYEES: The information on this webpage is primarily for students. Employees have separate procedures for using Optimum HQ. Employees should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.)
FIRST: Create Your Account
Before you come to campus for the first time, you will need to visit the Optimum HQ registration webpage to register and create your account.
IMPORTANT DO NOT create more than one account, even if you are coming to campus for more than one class.
- If you already have an Optimum HQ account from spring or summer, DO NOT create a new one. Use your existing account for fall quarter.
- If you have more than one class on campus this fall, you can set up the account by using the information for any ONE of those classes. You can then use the same account for any other classes that you have on campus. DO NOT create more than one account.
When you fill in the form to create the account:
- For Employee/Person Type – select "Student"
- For Work Location/Campus – select “Onsite”
- For City – type in “Cupertino”
- Please DO NOT list anything for Backup Supervisor/Counselor Email. Leave this field blank.
You will be asked to select a Department and a Supervisor/Counselor Email. The red tabs below will show you the information you should provide.
Please follow these instructions exactly. Do not randomly select a name for your Supervisor/Counselor.
If you are coming to campus for a class:
- Check the list in the red tab below for one on-campus class that you are taking. You'll see the Department and Supervisor that you should list on the form to create your account.
- You can choose any on-campus class that you are taking. You don't need to list anything else if you are taking more than one class on campus.
- You can use the same account for any other on-campus classes. Do not create more than one account.
You can type in the first few letters on the Optimum form to pull up the department or supervisor you need.
Here's What to List for Classes
|For This Course Subject||List This Department||List This Supervisor|
|Accounting (ACCT)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsemail@example.com|
|Adapted Physical Education (PEA)||DA-Disabled Student Prgms & Svcsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Arts (ART)||DA-Creative Artsemail@example.com|
|Auto Tech (AUTO)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Biology (BIO)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Scienceemail@example.com|
|Computer Information Systems (CIS)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communication Studies (COMM)||DA-Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Dance (DANC)||DA-Creative Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Design and Manufacturing Technologies (DMT)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsemail@example.com|
|Economics (ECON)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|English (ELIT and EWRT)||DA-Language Artsemail@example.com|
|English as a Second Language (ESL)||DA-Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Environmental Science (ESCI)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Scienceemail@example.com|
|Health Technologies (HTEC)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|History (HIST)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Human Development (HUMA)||DA-Counselingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Humanities (HUMI)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Kinesiology (KNES)||DA-Physical Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Language Arts (LART)||DA-Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Music (MUSI)||DA-Creative Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Native American and Indigenous Studies (NAIS)||DA-Intercultural/Internationalemail@example.com|
|Nursing (NURS)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physical Education (PE)||DA-Physical Educationemail@example.com|
|Philosophy (PHIL)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Political Science (POLI)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Psychology (PSYC)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you are coming to campus to use the Library or student services:
- You can use the Optimum account that you created for an on-campus class, if you have one. Do not create a second account.
- If you don't have an Optimum account for a class, you can check the list in the red tab below for a service that you are using, and use the information that is listed for that service.
- You can choose any service that you are using. You don’t need to list anything for additional services.
- You don't need to create a second account for a different service. Do not create more than one account.
Please note that most of these services require appointments for in-person service, so be sure to check the Fall Services website for information about how to visit them.
Here's What to List for Services
|For This Service||List This Department||List This Supervisor|
|Admissions and Records||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|Assessment||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cashier||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|College Life||DA-Student Developmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Disability Support Programs and Services||DA-Disabled Student Prgms & Svcsemail@example.com|
|Financial Aid||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Food Pantry||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|Men of Color Community||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
NOTE: After you submit your registration information and your new account has been approved, the system will send you an email with instructions for how to access your account and set your password. Please wait for that email before trying to log in to the system.
When you log in, your user name will be the email address that you used to create the account, not your CWID.
NEXT: Complete the Health Check-In
After you submit your registration information and your new account has been approved, the system will send you an email with instructions for how to access your account and set your password. Please wait for that email before trying to log in to the system.
When you log in, your user name will be the email address that you used to create the account, not your CWID.
You must complete a Health Status Check-In, using the Optimum HQ service, each time you come to campus. Do this no more than 24 hours before your class is scheduled to begin.
- Visit the Optimum HQ homepage at athome.optimumhq.com/login.jsp
– You can use a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to access this site.
- Log in with your email address.
- The first screen that opens should be the “Employee Dashboard.”
- Click on the blue “Check In” button in the upper right of your screen.
- This will open a new screen displaying a series of health questions. Please answer all the questions completely and accurately.
- Once you submit your answers, you’ll see a Visitor Badge appear on your screen. (The Optimum HQ system will also send a text message to your phone, containing a link to this badge.)
- If the badge has a green bar with the word “Healthy,” you may proceed with your campus visit.
If your badge has a red bar, you must contact the Student Health Services office for clearance before you can come to campus.
- You can contact the Health Services office by calling 408.864.8732 or by sending an email to email@example.com
- It’s your responsibility to tell your instructor or coach if you don't have clearance to come to campus.
Still Have Questions?
- For questions about any of these requirements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not contact PyraMED technical support, as they are not able to assist individual students.