Special Rules for Coming to Campus
COVID-19 Vaccinations Required for Fall 2021: Click to Learn More
Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms.
- Your mask should cover your mouth AND nose at all times.
- See the Face Mask Information webpage for details and locations where you can get a free mask.
- Please continue to practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions
Find more information about the requirements for coming to campus at deanza.edu/vax.
Rules for Spring and Summer 2021
The following rules apply to EVERYONE who comes on campus – including
- Students in a limited number of classes that have been approved to operate on campus
- Faculty members or other employees who have been authorized to use their offices on an occasional or recurring basis
- Employees coming to campus for an approved one-time purpose
Every time you come to campus, you must do the following:
- Wear a mask at all times. (This requirement will remain in effect until Santa Clara County health authorities advise otherwise.)
- Maintain social distancing – keep at least six feet away from other people
- Wash your hands frequently
- Check in with Optimum HQ before each time you come to campus – see below for more information about this
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Campus Center dining services are closed and food is not available for sale on campus
- Water fountains and water bottle filling stations will not be available
- Some restrooms may be closed. (Please don’t use restrooms that are marked “Closed” or “Do not use.”)
- All trash should be placed in outdoor receptacles only, as indoor wastebaskets are not being emptied
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in every classroom, and should be used every time you enter a room
- Some buildings may not be heated or cooled to normal comfort levels
- Police response to calls for service may be slower than in more typical times
- Students can park without a permit for spring quarter. Please park in the lot closest to your class.
Click these buttons for more information about using Optimum HQ and other required procedures for coming to campus, including the online form for employees requesting to use their office on an occasional basis.