Welcome to my website!
Check out some of my recent activities:
- Race Ideology-in-Practice: Racial Equity in American Learning Environments This essay provides tools and resources to help us better understand and more critically examine the ideologies that are being used to advance racial equity into our schools, organizations, and civic life; please let me know your thoughts and share widely
- The Race in Racial Equity: What's it to You? Workshop (Unpacking the hidden, unexamined, unspoken, and pervasive ideologies of race, racism, and racial equity that shape our educational practices and policies)
- Heritage Month Workgroup (A campus-wide collaborative workgroup advancing greater inclusion of all members of our learning community through the Heritage Month Calendar, Identity Recognition Days Calendar, and Multifaith Calendar - we also organized the College's inaugural recognitions of Jewish American Heritage Month, Arab American Heritage Month, Native American Heritage Month, Sikh Awareness and Appreciation Month, and other events and days)
- Anti-Racist Racelessness Learning Community (Welcoming collaboration with Dr. Sheena Mason at the FHDA District Opening Days for a workshop on Centering Love and Inclusion in our Equity Work)
- Student Equity Partners (Providing support for campus-wide programs and services instrumental in our efforts to meet student equity goals)
- Unlocking the Equity Sections of the Program Review (Student Learning Outcomes 2022 Convocation presentation)
- Jewish Inclusion and Anti-Semitism Community Education Summit (Centering Jewish inclusion at a time when Anti-Semitism is on the rise)
- I.D.E.A. Define and Apply Workshops (Developing working definitions of Identity and Inclusion, Diversity, Equality and Equity, Access and Acceptance)
- Faculty Director Communications Archive (an archive of my communications with the De Anza College learning community since Academic Year 21-22)
My preferred name is Lee and I have contributed to the design, implementation, and evaluation of numerous educational and professional development programs. My commitment to teacher education, social justice and holistic pedagogical design is grounded in experience as a National Board Certified English, Civics, and National Board Certified Social Studies teacher in urban American public middle schools and in my consultancy work with higher education faculties and learning communities around technology integration, pedagogical transformation, diversity, equity, and inclusion. I prepare K-12 and higher education faculty, staff, and administrators to support the learning goals of culturally and linguistically diverse students by illuminating the intersections of pedagogy and ideology with a focus on teacher ideology-in-practice.
I am a Certified Yoga Instructor, Certified Social and Emotional Learning Facilitator, Certified Gifted and Talented Educator, Sacred Conversations Master Dialogue Facilitator, Microsoft Technology Enriched Instruction Faculty Fellow, Certified Presencing Institute Digital Leader, Google Educator Level II Certified Instructor, and Adobe Creative Educator. I also serve on the Board of Directors for Free Black Thought.
Check out a video I created for my graduate students to demonstrate ways to incorporate digital storytelling into their work using completely free and open source resources.
Social Media Roundup