Intercultural Communication - HONORS
Study of intercultural communication in domestic and global contexts. Examines how differing cultures, languages, and social patterns influence the way members of groups relate among themselves and with members of other ethnic and cultural groups. Emphasizes development of interpersonal skills for communicating effectively across cultures and encourages appreciation of diverse cultural voices. As an honors course students will be expected to complete additional assignments to gain deeper insight in Intercultural Studies with an emphasis on interdisciplinary connections with Communication Studies.
|36100||COMM 7H||3YH||·······||TBA-TBA||Anu Khanna||ONLINE|
|··W····||10:30 AM-12:20 PM||MLC111|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
COMM-007H-3YH: Hybrid course with on-campus attendance plus coursework online. Access to the internet required. Class meets physically on Wednesdays from 10:30am - 12:20pm and on Mondays online. Instructor will be available online on Mondays from 11:30am - 1:20pm.
- 4 Units
- Four hours lecture (48 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- Also Listed As
- (Also listed as ICS 7H. Students may enroll in either department, but not both, for credit.)
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in ICS 7 or ICS 7H or COMM 7.
- Admission into this course requires consent of the Honors Program Coordinator.
- EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or ESL 5.