Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|25490||EWRT 1A||1RQ||MTW····||10:30 AM-11:20 AM||Jamie Joseph||L63|
|···R···||10:30 AM-12:20 PM|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
EWRT001A.R1Q: There is a 3-unit corequisite to this course. Students enrolling in this section must also enroll in LART250.R1Q. This course is part of the REACH program.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211); or equivalent placement.