Theory and techniques of public speaking in a democratic society. An introduction to a variety of perspectives and approaches used to research, assess, organize, present, and evaluate public presentations. Students will develop and apply effective research strategies.
|24350||COMM 1||8LY||····F··||09:30 AM-01:20 PM||James Capurso||L49|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
COMM-001.8LY: Hybrid course. Access to the Internet is required. This class physically meets on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 1:20 PM. The online portion of the class is conducted via Canvas. The instructor will be available online Fridays from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in COMM 1H.
- EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or ESL 5.