Sociology of Gender
Application of sociological perspectives to an understanding of gender. Focuses on the social construction of gender and on gender as an organizing principle of social life. Includes investigation of masculinities, femininities and trans identities, gender socialization, gender inequality, how gender is shaped by race, class, nation and sexuality, and the family, media, education, economics, politics and religion as gendered institutions, from a cross-cultural and global perspective.
|24147||WMST 28||1||MTWR···||11:30 AM-12:20 PM||TAPIA, MARISTELLA||MQ-3|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
- 4 Units
- Four hours lecture (48 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- Also Listed As
- (Also listed as SOC 28. Students may enroll in either department, but not both, for credit.)
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or ESL 5.