An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through aerobic swimming. Cardiovascular conditioning for the swimmer who is proficient at the intermediate level. Includes global and historical development of swimming as a fitness activity. Students will review training methods, measurements, safety, individual program design, exercise physiology, nutrition appropriate to swimming, intermediate strokes and turns.
|23544||KNES 2A||1L||·····S·||12:00 PM-01:50 PM||Mary Donahue||POOLE|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
KNES 002A-01L- Information about aerobic swimming can be found at: https://marydonahue.org/knes-002a We will be in the pool the first class, so bring your swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, (optional) swim cap.
- 0.5 Units
- Two hours laboratory for the one-half unit course (24 hours total per quarter); three hours laboratory for the one unit course (36 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- KNES 1C or KNES 1CX, or permission of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.