Techniques of Swimming
An introduction to the discipline of physical education through swimming and diving. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities, and etiquette. Through the competitive class experience, students will improve their individual swimming skills, increase their ability to employ advanced training and increase their knowledge of exercise physiology, exercise nutrition, kinesiological concepts underlying the development of force, power, and biomechanics.
|21946||PE 32P||3||·T·R···||07:30 AM-10:20 AM||Danielle Altman||POOLW|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
PE032P03: All intercollegiate swim and dive team athletes must enroll in either PE032P01 or PE032P03 See Coach Von Matt for more information at email@example.com If you are looking for an physical education activity class for GE credit,see the Kinesiology department.
- 2 Units
- Six hours laboratory (72 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive swimming experience at the high school, club or collegiate levels and consent of instructor.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.