Elementary Japanese (Second Quarter)
Continuation of introduction to the Japanese language and culture with the further development of materials presented in JAPN 1. Emphasis will be on acquisition of second-quarter beginner level of four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) as well as sociocultural knowledge which plays an important role in communicating in the target language. Japanese is the major language of instruction. Oral practice based on understanding of the language structure will be also emphasized. In addition to practicing two of the Japanese syllabic writing systems, hiragana and katakana, the third writing system, kanji, Sino-Japanese characters will be introduced.
|01156||JAPN 2||1||MTWRF··||11:30 AM-12:20 PM||Chigusa Inaba||L61|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-01-07 to 2019-03-29.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- JAPN 1 (equivalent to one year of high school Japanese) or equivalent.
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.