Introduction to Cinematic Arts
An introduction to the close analysis of film and television texts. The course will examine broad questions of form and content, aesthetics and meaning, and history and culture. Using a wide variety of media, filmmakers and film movements, the course explores the diverse possibilities presented by the cinematic art form. Topics include modes of production, narrative and non-narrative forms, visual design, editing, sound, genre, ideology and critical analysis.
|01031||F/TV 1||1||M······||12:30 PM-04:20 PM||Glenn Lovell||AT120|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-09-23 to 2019-12-13.
- 4 Units
- Four hours lecture (48 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in F/TV 1H.
- EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or ESL 5.