Lecture Notes and Overheads
To view these notes, you'll need Adobe Reader. You can download this program for free here.
- Plato, Apology
- Reductio Ad Absurdum Arguments
- Cultural Relativism
- Plato, "The Myth of Gyges"
- Nietzsche, "Master Morality and Slave Morality"
- Mill, Utilitarianism
- Kant, "The Categorical Imperative"
- Plato, Crito
- Wolff on Hobbes
- Wolff on Locke
- Wolff on Rousseau
- Wolff on Philosophical Anarchism
- Wolff on Consent
- Wolff on anarchist/utilitarian approaches to the justification of the state
- Wolff on Liberty (Chap. 4)