Welcome to Statistics at De Anza College. Note that the online Math 10 will have proctored (on-campus) exams.
Student Learning Outcomes for Math 10:
1.Organize, analyze, and utilize appropriate methods to draw conclusions based on sample data by constructing and/or evaluating tables, graphs, and numerical measures of characteristics of data.
2.Identify, evaluate, interpret and describe data distributions through the study of sampling distributions and probability theory.
3.Collect data, interpret, compose and defend conjectures, and communicate the results of random data using statistical analyses such as interval and point estimates, hypothesis tests, and regression analysis.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR MATH 10
- TEXTBOOK: Introductory Statistics by Illowsky, Barbara, and Dean, Susan. (print or online) All of the text is free online. Use or download at: https://openstaxcollege.org/textbooks/introductory-statistics/get or at http://cnx.org/content/col11562/latest You may also purchase a printed copy at the De Anza College bookstore: http://books.deanza.edu/home.aspx .
- CANVAS: deanza.instructure.com (Free.) Used for links to lectures and videos, keeping track of your grades, taking online quizzes, and for downloading and uploading projects.
- WEBASSIGN: To access WEBASSIGN ONLINE HOMEWORK (Not available until start of the quarter. Costs about $35.) Follow the links to WebAssign in Canvas.
- CALCULATOR: TI-83+ or TI-84+. Must be a physical calculator, not an app on your phone, etc.
- 4 SCANTRONS: 4 long green scantrons - #882-E at the college bookstore counter.
- OPTIONAL VIDEOS: There are links to the videos in Canvas.
Meet with tutors in the Student Success Center.
Can't make it to campus, or need help when SSC is closed?
Free online tutoring is available to all De Anza students! Click for more information