This event takes place in the past.
ONLINE: Free Tax-Filing Assistance for Students
10:30 am to 1:30 pm
Fireside Room - Hinson Campus Center
This is a reoccuring event.
Need help filing your taxes?
Make an appointment and drop by the Fireside Room to have your 2019 tax returns prepared for free with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance).
- Wednesdays and Thursdays* (Feb. 5-April 15)
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Campus Center – Fireside Room
(* except for April 1 and 2.)
IMPORTANT: You must bring these items to have your tax returns prepared:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards or photocopies for you, your spouse and dependents (bring cards, not just your number)
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, W-2G or 1099-MISC) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Health insurance Forms 1095-A, B or C
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- A printout of Form 1098-T (your De Anza educational expenses), which you can find on MyPortal
If you are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the forms for electronic filing.