At De Anza, the Athletics Department is part of the Physical Education and Athletics Division. It serves the needs of everyone interested in competing at a higher level of athletic endeavor.
Coast Conference All Sports Trophy
Winner of the Coast Conference All Sports Trophy 2015-16
(22 out of the past 32 years and 9 years in a row)
A Comprehensive All-Sports Program
- Nineteen sports programs for men and women, with 480 student-athletes who compete on these teams
- Nine men's sports and 10 women's sports
- Approximately 70 coaches, administrators, staff and Athletics Department volunteers
- Consistent success both on the field and in the classroom
- Average GPA of about 3.01 for student-athletes last year, according to Institutional Research
- Successful transfers by De Anza student-athletes to university-level programs
- Eight All-Americans and 21 All-Californians during the 2015-16 school year
- Approximately $1.8 million in academic and athletic scholarships secured by De Anza student-athletes last year (2014-15)
De Anza coaches, staff and administrators are eager to assist student athletes in academics and sports. Our student athletes have
- Exposure to university coaches
- Opportunities to acquire athletic scholarships
- Success in both retention (90 percent) and transfer (87 percent)
- High grade point averages (GPA)
Sports Medicine Program
Our Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Program has two full-time Athletic Trainers and several student assistants. The program is responsible for injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of our athletes.
Support for Student Athletes
Advising and Counseling
We have a full-time Athletics Counselor: Louise Madrigal, 408. 864-5842, email@example.com
We have a full-time Academic Adviser: Matt Trosper, 408.864.8646. Matt monitors the academic progress of all the student athletes and programs. If you are a prospective student athlete, see our steps for getting started.
REACH Learning Community for Student Athletes
Reading, English, Athletics, Counseling and Humanities
Team up with other student-athletes in a supportive network of coaches, instructors and counselors. Follow a linked curriculum of reading, writing and humanities classes and build a foundation for success on and off the field.
This is the official De Anza College Athletics website. Any other website containing
information regarding De Anza Athletics is not sanctioned by De Anza College and may
not contain accurate information.
This is the official De Anza College Athletics website. Any other website containing information regarding De Anza Athletics is not sanctioned by De Anza College and may not contain accurate information.